Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sunshine Vitamin


Here's another great reason to wake up early and stretch your body. According to recent studies, there is more to vitamin D than just giving you adequate bone protection - it's a potent anti-cancer vitamin too. Read this article for full details. The good thing about this is you and I can get our free dose of vitamin D daily from the sun (except during rainy days) and get protection from a host of life-threatening diseases especially cancer. I guess that will be enough motivation for me to stick to my daily briskwalking/jogging/push-ups regimen. The best time to get sun exposure I think is around 6 a.m. for 10 to 15 minutes when you don't feel burned. If you're a vampire/night shift worker who do not like the idea of being exposed to early morning sun, you may want to consider taking in vitamin D supplements either from food or pills.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Good reminder.

Ironically, I probably don't get enough sun because it's so insanely hot around here that I try to avoid going outside.

Anyway, I'm glad to have discovered your blog. I'll be back.