Thursday, June 12, 2008

You've Got Messages


Do you have some nice texts that you cannot delete because they just feel good to read once in awhile or pass around to your new text mates? I just thought why not share them here so I can delete them at last to give way to other messages. In case I need those messages again, I will just copy them here and send it. Some of these text messages have been around for eons already and I want to share them now with you. (Grammar edited for clarity and consistency).

I saw an old painting of two friends holding hands.
I wonder how long it will stay intact?
It is old yet never fading.
I wish we were the painting...
Getting older yet never changing.

People are like stained glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out.
But when darkness sets in,
Their true beauty is revealed
Only if there is light from within.

If you don't go after what you want,
You will never have it.
If you don't ask,
The answer is always no.
If you don't step forward,
You are always in the same place.
Take risks for life goes on...

Love is a noble act of self-giving.
The more you love, the more you lose a part of you.
Yet you don't become less of who you are,
But you end up being complete.

Lately, I have learned that friendship is the best relationship.
We may go separate ways, live different lives, believe in different aspects...
But as long as we believe we are friends, we will forever be.

Eight rules to be happy:
1. Never hate.
2. Don't worry.
3. Live simply.
4. Expect a little.
5. Give a lot.
6. Always smile.
7. Live with love.
8. Best of all be with God.

Do not spoil what you have
By desiring what you do not have;
But remember that what you have right now
Was once among the things
Others hoped for.

Let me share with you a beautiful prayer:
"Lord when I lose hop because my plans have come to nothing,
Help me to remember that your love is always greater than my disappointments,
And your plans for my life is always better than my dreams. Amen."

Beautiful lives don't just happen.
They are made every single day
With much love, prayer, and sacrifice.
The many tasks we face each day can burden and oppress;
But spending time with God each day can bring relief from stress.
Let us be reminded that IN THE END, only three things matter:
How fully you lived,
How deeply you loved,
How gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.

In life, you may feel tired of fighting for the same reason every day.
You may feel that everyone is moving so fast leaving you far behind,
And you may feel that there is no point in moving on...

There is no certainty in life, it is not how fast you get there...
It's how you played the game.
Put in mind that at times it is better to be like a turtle,
Who patiently moves on and enjoys every step of the way
Rather than a rabbit who runs so fast and missing every vital details in life.

Sometimes we must be hurt to grow.
We must fail in so we can know.
We must lose in order to gain.
Some lessons are learned best only through pain.
Sometimes our vision clears only,
After our eyes are washed with tears.

If you want to be happy,
Don't do whatever you like!
Instead, like whatever you do...
Because happiness comes not from having much to live on,
But having much to live for...

Happiness is like peeing in your pants...
Everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the warmth.

I walk and I see lovers.
I turn my head and I see lovers.
I sit on the bench, and beside me are lovers.
An old woman came and asked me,
"Are you contented to sit alone?"
I answered, "I know at the right time
God will send that person to sit beside me forever...
Someone who is worth the wait..."

Life is like posing for pictures,
We pose the way we want to be seen by others
But stolen shots are better...
They capture who we really are.

God's ways are far different from ours.
In Him, we must learn that we must:

SURRENDER to WIN
LOSE to GAIN
SERVE to REIGN
GIVE to RECEIVE
SCATTER to REAP
and DIE to LIVE

In WEAKNESS, we are made STRONG.
In HUMILITY, we are LIFTED UP.
and in EMPTINESS, we are made FULL.

No comments: