Monday, May 12, 2008

Accepting Your Self-Image



Our article for the week is about Accepting Your Self-Image and its relationship with our same sex attraction. I personally believe that the image we have of ourselves in our minds manifests as behaviors in our daily life. Here is my favorite passage in the article:

"No two lives are the same. We often compare our lives with those of others, trying to decide whether we are better or worse off, but such comparisons do not help us much. We have to live our life, not someone else’s. We have to hold our own cup. We have to dare to say: ‘This is my life, the life that is given to me, and it is this life that I have to live, as well as I can. My life is unique. Nobody else will ever live it. I have my own history, my own family, my own body, my own character, my own friends, my own way of thinking, speaking and acting-yes, I have my own life to live. No one else has the same challenge." - Henri Nouwen

No comments: