Saturday, May 17, 2008

Summer Is Over Now??


Last night, while listening to evening news, PAGASA declared officially that the summer season is over because of the advent of typhoons. What?? Rainy season is already here? in May? Noooo!
This morning I woke up feeling a little cold. I was supposed to get up early to do my morning jog, but when I looked outside the window the sky was gloomy and dark. It was windy and a little rainy. No jogging for me of course. I just went back to my bed, turned on the AM radio for the news (I told you before I listen to AM radio), and curled up hugging my pillow trying to sleep again. It's that lazy feeling you get when the weather is wet and cool. It's when taking a bath in the morning sends down a chilling effect in your spine - literally. Perfect.

This should not be thanks to climate change. Way back a few years ago, May is still a summer month - a time to enjoy the sun, the sand, and the sea. I haven't even been to the beach yet! I want to go to the beach to frolic in the waters without a care in the world, get wet (and wild?), build a bungalow-type wave-proof sand castle far away from the shoreline, collect beautiful sea shells that I can put inside an aquarium, and find Nemo. It's what summer is all about, right? Oh, and one more thing. I want to enjoy the "sights" too (wink!). I'm really looking forward to our group's overnight beach outing at the end of this month in Batangas. It's going to be a fun weekend getaway and great bonding time too with the brothers. At least I've got something to look forward to before the "summer" really ends.

I am about to make an official announcement here. The SUMMER season is extended until the second week of June! Yipeee!

No comments: