Sunday, April 27, 2008

Food Trip



I was malling around the other day when I saw a familiar and appetizing sight - delicious, mouth-watering balls! Hey, it's not what you're thinking dude. I was a little hungry at that time and I could not resist to sink my teeth in this yummy dish. I'm talking about Takoyaki. If you're craving for something Japanese besides sushi and maki, try Takoyaki.

Takoyaki is a popular Japanese dumpling made of diced octopus, tempura scraps, pickled ginger, konnyaku, and green onion topped with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, and fish shavings. It is cooked using a special takoyaki frying pan with small cup-like molds to give it a perfect round shape.

For P22/3 balls at Kuya Chito's Takoyaki stand, it's definitely a treat. When you take a bite of this yummy Japanese snack, the inside is hot as hell. It can sizzle your tongue if you're not careful. But when I'm hungry who cares? I like it "hot" anyway. Get over your usual shomai and fishballs, this one is definitely worth a bite. Oishi!

To have an idea how Takoyaki is prepared, watch this .

No comments: