Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Ray of Hope


I recently got this private message from a forum reader. This is in connection with the article I have here entitled: Safe Sex Illusion. I posted this very same article in a popular online forum and I was delighted to receive this private message from an anonymous guy. While reading his message I felt his struggle. He finds himself trapped but at the same time is hopeful that one day he will "see the light." Read on.


Hi there, bro. I don't know where to start. I agree with everything. Admittedly though, agreeing is different from actually subscribing to it. I also visited your website, and I noticed what you are about, and I must say, more than anytime in my life so far, it struck a chord within me.

I am what people in community call "struggling." Problem is, I haven't really owned up to it yet. More than anything, it's actually pride that's keeping me back. I belong to one of those Catholic Christian groups, a semi-active member at that. And yet, "this" is keeping me from really going forward with my personal relationship with God. What is "this," you may ask? For quite a while, I was actually a very passive non-straight. However, over the past 6 months, I've gone down this path of promiscuity that I'm not quite sure I want to reverse.

Truth be told, the hardest thing for me right now is, I don't know what I really want. My community actually has a similar group for "struggling" brothers, but, like I said, I'm not really comfortable outing myself to these people. It's shameful, I know - after all, it's pride that's keeping me from being truthful. And yet, I really can't bring myself to be open about this. I hope one day soon, I'll see the light - but I hope it won't be too late.

With that, can you please keep in the loop with what you guys are doing? While I'm still rational (right now), I want to make sure that I have this lifeline to hold on to. My e-mail addie is (e-mail address withheld by me). Hope it's not too much. And so, I congratulate you, and urge you on for what you've started. Believe you me, the world needs more people like you. You will be in my prayers, and I hope I will be in yours.

Anonymous Guy


I e-mailed this guy already but still waiting for his response. My sincerest prayer goes out to this guy. Many among us are confused and do not know where to go for help. I pray that this guy finds his God-given purpose.

No comments: